Status: Flex Time Employee/Part Time (15-20 hrs. per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Bookkeeper (BK) is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting of the activities of the FSO and FSM, and other duties as assigned by the Executive Director (ED) and the FSO Board of Directors. The BK is responsible under the guidance of the Board Treasurer to execute the Finance Plan as set by the Board of Directors and ED. The BK must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, collegial, and articulate. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Nonprofit and arts background preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend all events as an FSO representative as assigned by the ED
• Maintain accurate accounting of the organization’s activities using QuickBooks software
• Coordinates work schedule with ED.
• Responds to correspondence in a timely manner.
• Prepare and record disbursements
• Record revenue, record receipts and maintain accounts receivable ledgers
• Prepare and record payroll checks, prepare payroll reports, remit payroll taxes in a timely fashion and prepare W-2s
• Reconcile credit card and bank accounts monthly
• Prepare monthly payments to teachers according to School of Music pay guidelines
• Prepare checks for musicians for each concert/program event according to FSO pay guidelines
• Prepare annual 1099s
• Prepare financial reports monthly and as needed for the ED and Board of Directors
• Assist Treasurer of Board with Annual Review of Finances and preparation of 990
• Manage Accounts Payables
• Manage Accounts Receivables, tracking delinquent accounts and requesting payment
• Work cooperatively with all FSO staff members and the FSO Board
• All other duties as directed by the Executive Director and/or FSO Board
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit,talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, reach, stoop,kneel and climb stairs.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due tocomputer work.
•Light to moderate lifting is required.
•Ability to uphold the stress of traveling, including driving.
•Regular, predictable attendance is required; including hours as business demands dictate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone and printers, light traffic).
•Ability to work in a confined area.
•Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
•Ability to pick up 25 pounds and walk.
•Position requires reliable transportation.
•FSO is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and a short introduction or cover letter about yourself to FSO@firelandssymphony.com with the email subject “Bookkeeper Application”.
MUSIC INSTRUCTORS for school of music
Status: Flex Time Employee/Part Time (Make your own class schedule)
Reports to: Operations Manager
We are looking for instructors for each of the following:
The Firelands Symphony Orchestra School of Music is dedicated to offering the highest quality music instruction for all ages and abilities. With our location in Mylander Hall on the BGSU Firelands Campus in Huron, we have a growing waiting list of students looking for lessons in the Firelands area. The six state-of-the-art Wenger SoundLok Sound-Isolation Rooms will provide a high-end acoustical environment for uninterrupted music instruction and rehearsal.
The majority of the lessons held will be weekdays in the afternoons after school, but you can create your own schedule with your students. All our instructors will be required to submit to a criminal records background check.
Benefits of working for the FSO School of Music:
- Established students in need of a new instructor – we currently have a waiting list!
- Make your own schedule
- Private, state-of-the-art SoundLok Sound-Isolation Rooms by Wenger
- Competitive pay
- Direct Deposit available
- Start ASAP!
If you are interested, please email your resume and references to Mindi Bishop:
email School@FirelandsSymphony.com or contact our office at (419) 621-4800.